Do you know what happened in the mountains this week? Here’s a selection of backcountry news, articles, posts, videos, photos, and other cool things that we think you’d like to know about. Enjoy!
- Park Canada Officials Endorse The Human Voice And Bear Spray Over Bear Bangers And Bells – CTVNews.ca – Heading into bear country? Read this.
- How Alex Honnold Did It: A Play-By-Play of His Free-Solo Climb on El Capitan – MensJournal.com – Alex Honnold’s climbing feat from Yosemite last week was unreal.
- More Yosemite History Made This Week With Nude Ascent Of The Nose! – UnofficialNetworks.com – More news from Yosemite.
- TRAILER: This Willem Dafoe Narrated Documentary About Mountain Exploration Looks Stunning – UnofficialNetworks.com – We’re pretty excited to watch this.
- The Essential Guide to Pooping Anywhere Outside – OutsideOnline.com – Because we all need to poop.
- China ‘Closes’ Mount Everest, Fall Season Cancelled – GearJunkie.com – News form the Himalaya…
- Steve McClure, 46, Establishes the U.K.’s First 5.15b, Rainman – RockAndIce.com – Steve McClure is getting things done!
- Nepali Climber Makes Three 8000-Meter Summits in 5 Days – TheAdventureBlog.Blogspot.com – Congrats to Normal Purja!
- Opening Updates: Tioga Pass, Sonora Pass, Ebbetts Pass, CA – SnowBrains.com – The roads will be open soon!
- You Can Buy This Montana Ski Area – Powder.com – Blacktail Mountain is for sale!
Did we miss any backcountry news? Tell us in the comments below. Have an awesome week!