Black Diamond Inc Issues Recall For All Black Diamond, PIEPS, and POC JetForce Airbag Packs
Black Diamond Inc is voluntarily recalling all JetForce avalanche airbag packs due to a required firmware update. This applies to all JetForce airbags made by Black Diamond, PIEPS, and POC. This recall was issued in July 2015.
The recall is due to, “In a limited number of cases, system malfunctions have resulted in involuntary shutdown and/or failure to deploy. These malfunctions can be resolved by a firmware update at one of our global service centers.”
If you own a JetForce Avalanche Airbag pack, stop using it immediately and contact Black Diamond. Black Diamond will absorb all costs of the firmware update and cover the costs of shipping to and from the service centers.
You can submit a recall request at JetForceRecall.com.
All JetForce packs sold between November 15, 2014 and July 7, 2015 need to be returned ASAP. This includes JetForce packs with the following models names:
- Black Diamond Pilot 11 JetForce Pack
- Black Diamond Halo 28 JetForce Pack
- Black Diamond Saga 40 JetForce Pack
- PIEPS JetForce Tour Rider 24
- PIEPS JetForce Tour Pro 34
- POC Thorax 11 Backpack
Learn more about the JetForce Recall:
- JetForce Recall
- Letter From Black Diamond CEO, Peter Metcalf
- Press Release – JetForce Avalanche Packs Recalled By Black Diamond Due To Risk Of Injury
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
Please share this and tell everyone you know. Be safe out there.