Do you know what happened in the mountains this week? Here’s a selection of backcountry news, articles, posts, videos, photos, and other cool things that we think you’d like to know about. Enjoy!
- K2 And Volk Are Up For Sale! – A Mountain Journey – Newell Brands, the parent company of K2 and Volkl, announced that they plan to sell these two brands in the very near future.
- Hiker Survives Two Grizzly Bear Attacks in One Day – A Mountain Journey – Todd Orr of Bozeman, Montana got attacked by a grizzly bear up Bear Creek in the Madison Range. Twice in the same day.
- Canadian Anna Smith Passes on Expedition to the Indian Himalayas – Gripped – Sad news.
- Rising Death Toll Causes Chamonix Mayor To Ban Wingsuiting – UnofficialNetworks – After a Russian wingsuiter crashed into a Chalet in Chamonix, the mayor has banned the sport due to the increasing number of deaths.
- How Global Warming Is Changing The Way We Play Outside – Outside Online – Climate change is definitely affecting our mountain playgrounds. See how it is changing the way we enjoy the great outdoors.
- A Skier’s Journey – Iran – A Mountain Journey – The latest episode of A Skier’s Journey dropped this week. It’s fantastic.
- Solving Climate Change With ere From Patagonia’s Food Startup – Bloomberg.com – Patagonia now makes eco-friendly beer. Enjoy and drink responsibly.
- ISSW Panel Discussion – Regulating Backcountry Skiing? – WildSnow.com – Regulating the backcountry? It’s being discussed, but could it be a reality in the future?
- Salomon TV – Skyway – A Mountain Journey – Don’t miss the latest episode of Salomon TV.
- 2016 Snow and Avalanche Workshops – A Mountain Journey – Get your head back in the game before the ski season.
- A Paraglider’s ‘Crazy’ Attempt To Fly Over The Alaska Range – NationalGeographic.com – This definitely qualifies as a cool adventure.
Did we miss any backcountry news? Tell us in the comments below. Have an awesome week!